We love turning competitors into champions.
We exist to grow B2B companies in revenue and maturity. The companies we work with want to win but are often underserved. Our goal is to help these owners and leadership teams move their companies forward by doing the things they could not do alone, giving them focus, confidence, and growth along the way.
Our values are the lifeblood of Syrup. They are at the center from which everything radiates, driving our team every single day.
- Work with integrity – We do the right thing, no matter what
- Advance with confidence – We welcome challenges and earn the outcome
- Grow with purpose – We are curious and never satisfied
Our culture is built on growing in our faith, fitness, and fullness so we can all reach our full potential. We value our people and the lives they have outside of work.
We’re a team that shares a growth mindset. Our passion is to continuously improve as people, as a team, and of course, for the clients we serve.
We have a hybrid, flexible work environment – for us that means we work remotely, but come together in an office once per month. We round up as a team every morning to have some fun and start the day off strong. And most importantly, we actually enjoy working together.
We’ve worked hard to establish a team that’s battle-ready and will go to war for and with one another. That’s what you’d be joining.
The ultimate organizer! The project manager at Syrup is responsible for the day-to-day management and operation of simultaneous brand and marketing projects. The PM is a solutions-driven leader who owns and manages the progression of work, while effectively communicating with all internal team members. They create and maintain project plans that demonstrate a cohesive understanding of deliverables, tasks, dependencies, staff resourcing, and Syrup processes to deliver high-value work on time.
How do you know if this is the right role for you?
You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and welcome challenges and change. You love to know how everything works from the smallest technical detail to the biggest, holistic picture. You are a strong and effective communicator that likes to be both in front of the team leading them through operational meetings and behind the screen managing workloads and timelines. You aren’t afraid of a little conflict or tension because you know that it’s necessary to create the best work for our clients. You strive for continual improvement, looking for ways to be more efficient and more effective in the ways in which we deliver work.=
As Syrup’s project manager, you are there from the beginning to the end. You help plan out the projects, coordinate them alongside other projects already underway, support the internal team, traffic the tasks, and ultimately hold the team accountable to delivering work on time.
- 2-3 years experience in project coordination/management at a marketing agency
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with the account, creative and technical teams
- Experience using project management tools like Asana
- Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Made to organize: You not only love to organize things but you are good at it, you can multitask and support multiple initiatives and stakeholders while effectively managing conflicting priorities.
- Problem solver: You have the ability to analyze problems and produce viable solutions. You quickly adapt between strategic and tactical thinking and work well within both.
- Clear communicator: You can handle, address, and resolve conflict with integrity and grace.
- Excel in thinking on feet: You’re not always going to have all the answers. You must be the type of person who can move the ball forward.
- High-capacity doer: Be a self-starter and quick learner, with a passion for delivering work on time and within scope.
- Build and manage project timelines for new projects and ongoing monthly work, working with sales, account team, and Director of Operations as needed
- Construct and maintain schedules and simultaneous timelines for all assigned projects in our internal project management tool
- Manage client and team expectations
- Coordinate and manage internal and external meetings
MANAGING INTERNAL RESOURCES:
- Traffic all tasks to appropriate team members, setting team daily and weekly priorities with long term goals and overall deadlines in mind
- Monitor team capacity and resource allocation to ensure timely, but also efficient/effective use of the team’s time
- Command a high level of efficiency and accuracy without compromising quality and value
- Effectively communicate with the account management, creative, digital strategy, and development teams ensuring all members are on board with delegated work
- Serve as the primary conduit between all internal teams, routing feedback, communicating deadlines, and holding team members accountable for deliverables
- Collaborate with Director of Operations to identify, plan out and implement efficient ways of working, as well as proactively develop new ways of working as needed
- Know and understand all Syrup processes and actively seek to improve these processes
- Follow and support the latest project management best practices
- Proactively surface operational risks, issues, and opportunities, working with the Director of Operations to mitigate and/or solve
- Lead G10 and Debrief – filtering issues to the appropriate team members
TRACKING & REPORTING:
- Accurately track projects against stated resources and ensure correct time tracking, hours reporting, milestone reporting, and other operational metrics
- Own weekly operations scorecard and monthly updates to client health scores
- Provide regular team and work status updates to the Director of Operations
- Provide resource estimates, exclusions and assumptions, risks, mitigation plans, and timelines for proposed work as requested
- Attend bi-monthly sales/operations meetings providing insights from monthly operational reporting
- Unlimited PTO and extended holiday breaks
- Quarterly profit share
- Health and fitness stipend
- Internet and phone stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage including access to One Medical, Teledoc and HealthAdvocate
- Mental health and wellness resources like TalkSpace and ClassPass
- No meetings on Wednesdays (these are as great as they sound)
DOES THIS POSITION SOUND LIKE THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU?
Get started with our application process here.