#StickyTools Episode 2: CallRail
#StickyTools are the tools that I either use myself or that we’ve collectively tested here at Syrup that have become “sticky” enough to stay around. That doesn’t mean every tool is perfect — test them yourself! We find they add enough value to be worth it.
For episode 2 (read episode 1 here if you missed it), let’s start with a quick exercise. What percentage of your inbound leads are by phone call vs. an online form?
If your inbound phone calls percentage is greater than 10%, answer these follow-up questions:
- Are you leveraging any kind of marketing budget toward driving inbound phone calls?
- Do you have tracking in place to know how prospects are finding your phone number?
If you answered yes to the first question, but no to the second question, meet CallRail.
We use CallRail for many clients here at Syrup to understand which marketing source drives phone calls, including everything down to the keyword they searched for on Google to the page on the website they called from.
This is not a referral thing, and they didn’t ask me to say anything. Straight up, their platform is great and is one of my “must-haves” if inbound phone calls drive your business.
There are MANY ways to leverage this tool, but here are just a few to get your brain spinning:
- Set a dedicated phone number for a billboard or static marketing tactic
- Set a dynamic phone number to capture keyword level call data
- Record calls for training & quality assurance
- Route calls from certain sources to certain internal staff
- Set up IVR call trees
- Enable SMS text message conversations with clients without using personal numbers
These are just a few, and there are so many other features you can leverage! I encourage you to head over to CallRail.com and check them out. Have a question about how CallRail could help you? Let us know! @syrupmarketing or @kraigguffey